Our Church is a “plant” of the ECO Presbyterian denomination, meaning we are a new church which is just getting started.
ECO is a Presbyterian denomination that had its start in 2010 as an association within the Presbyterian Church (USA) as a response to the growing theological laxity within the PCUSA and hoping to reclaim a sense of what it means to be a church within the Presbyterian and Reformed tradition. A number of pastors and congregations began to feel that God was calling them to leave the PCUSA for a different context for their ministry and in January 2012 the new denomination was formed: ECO: A Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians.
Today ECO is a rapidly-growing Presbyterian denomination that exists to serve the local church and reclaim a sense of covenanted biblical community with the following priorities:
- We believe Jesus Christ must be at the center of our lives and making disciples of Jesus at the core of our ministry.
- We believe the Bible is the unique and authoritative Word of God, which teaches all that is necessary for faith and life. The prominence of God’s Word over our lives shapes our priorities, and the unrivaled authority of the Bible directs our actions to be in concert with Christ’s very best for our lives.
- We believe in theological education, constant learning, and the life of the mind, and celebrate this as one of the treasures of our Reformed heritage.
- We believe in unleashing the ministry gifts of women, men, and every ethnic group.
- We believe congregations should vigorously reproduce new missional communities to expand the Kingdom of God.
Click to Learn More about the ECO
Sundays at 10:30 AM
Tuesdays at 6:30 PM
© 2017-2018 Kirk of the Live Oaks
all rights reserved
Our thanks to Bob O'Brien of Robert O'Brien Design for permission to use the Live Oak Tree and Acorn artwork.
Mailing Address: 1960 Deerfield Ave
Surfside Beach, SC 29575